Monday, August 27, 2012

Scrappy weekend

I had my Sisters up this weekend from the West Coast for a scrappy weekend, Oh my late late nights and early mornings. Earliest bed time was 2am and 7am wake up. Needless to say that today I am soooo tired. But it was a good weekend, I made lasagna for tea the night before they all arrived so that we wouldn't have to worry about what to have, which turned out really well. Yummy
Before we started scrapping we visited just about every scrap store on the North West coast for a little bit of shopping including Spot Light. My Niece was so good while we were shopping we had a little bit of fun in Spot light with the masks. She is sooo cute.

Nice little Selfie in there as well lol.
 
This last picture of my Niece has a funny story that I wanted to share, while sitting in spotlight waiting for some fabric to be cut, She say "Aunty Karen you have green eyes" Me "yes I do" Skye "what colour are mine" Me "yours are blue" Skye " not their not your just tricking me. Me" Yes they are I'll take a picture to show you. Click Skye" I don't want blue I want green like you. Then We have to convince her by saying that it's OK cause her Mummy has blue eyes to, she is OK with this now and then as we are walking out she say " I will change and have green eyes next week" LOL how cute is she???
 
OK onto the scrapping news....
 
I completed the least amount of pages with a total amount 5 pages completed. I did complete the 6th one yesterday after the girls had left yesterday and still have a few on my list to complete. Think I will have a go again tonight, feeling crabby and frustrated so might make me feel better, grrrr one of those day. Guessing it has something to do with lack of sleep and having trouble sleeping with Hubby not home. lucky Hubby is living it up in Singapore, Nice for some hey. ( He is actually work but at least in not the mundane usual I guess).
 
Anyway on with what I actually got completed.....
 
I completed the Scrap the boy challenge for this month, the challenge was to use/ be inspired by your children's art work.
 

Loving these pics of my little fella, he loves to come scrapping with me, when he feels like it. He always pics out the same stamp set to play with, Stampin Ups monster I have used the little monster that he stamped and coloured. I think that they are sooo cute and he does a good job. You can see from the pick that he is pretty pleased with his efforts.
 
And next I had a go at a couple of Stuck?! sketches. First one is Bonus Sketch #2
 
This is what the sketch looked like.

And this is what I came up with, looks a little plain compared to usual.
A cute pic of My Daughter and our dog Bella, Bella is so hard to get a good pic of because she is so dark. Papers all Stampin Up, was a great sketch to use up some scraps.
And then the next one I had a go at was Stucks August 15th Sketch. It looks like
And this is what I came up with.
I did a mirror image of this one. Really love the colours in this LO and the pic of My Hubby and Niece are pretty cute really. She is showing her colours on Australia Day. I have used Material instead of the usual PP.

I know it's a long post and if you got this far thanks for looking. Please come back again will put some more pages up soon.
xxx


2 comments:

  1. It's great that your son likes to scrap with you! What a great boy layout! Thanks for joining in at Scrap The Boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Scrap the Boys layout...nice bright bold colours!! :) Thanks for playing along...

    ReplyDelete